Salvage Yard in Houston

This may be a little too specific, but does anyone know of a salvage yard in Houston that deals in Miata's, NB's ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Thomas Misek

You just never know on the internet, right! Actually, a couple of fellow Houston Miata Club members were speaking highly of a place here in town that, IIRC sells used miata parts and seemed quite helpful. I couldn't decide where to write it down for future reference so I just wrote it on a note here on the desk. Surprisingly, I hadn't yet misplaced it :-) Here's what I've got, it's second hand but from a very good source:

Action Auto Parts

155 W.Mount Houston (rt 249 and I-45 area) Houston, TX 77037 (in case you need to mapquest) 281-931-0766

They said they had talked to Nick and he'd been helpful.

Good luck (let us, or at least me, know) Chris

99BBB

Thanks.

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris,

Thanks for not losing the address of this place. They had exactly what I needed. Action's cost $10, the dealer's (Hass) cost $45.

I spoke with Nick. He is also a Miata driver so we talked Miata while the yard guy got the part. Unfortunely the yard guy broke the clip taking the license plate light off the trunk. Not to blame him, Mazda's instructions in the glove compartment book are wrong and will break the clip every time. One almost has to sacrifice one just to learn how to remove the light.

Long story short, this story has a happy ending. For anyone else in Houston, Action Auto Parts is located a few blocks east of I-45. Nice place and they currently have a few Miata's both NA and NB.

Reply to
Thomas Misek

Good deal!

Chris