Shifting problems with my 2000 Miata

I recently changed my fluid in the transmission with Vfalvoline Synthetic Blend Gear Oil 80W-90. Now the transmission is very hard to shift into 2nd when it's cold. After a few miles of driving, it's fine. Also, prior to taking off the tranmission can shift into 2nd with no problem. But once I take off, it's hard until it warms up. Seems like a synchro problem?

I've considered replacing the fluid again, but with what? Back to a non-synthetic? Or seems like redline is very popular choice.

Anyone had this problem?

thanx, mark

Reply to
mkyprianou

cantera_2

my shifting in my 2003 5-speed improved immensly when I put the lube in the reservoir under the gearshift knob- it was dry, took about 90cc Loren

Reply to
the invisible man

Good point, I checked my owner's manual and it said to use 75w90 with no temperature ranges...

I would not think that such a small difference would matter much, but it's worth a try.

thanx for the response, mark

Reply to
mkyprianou

Redline MTL Synthetic lube works every time!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Frohlich