Side Mirrors Too Tight to Adjust

Re: '91 Miata:

Maybe it one too many cold winters and hot summers.

It seems the side mirrors are resisting my efforts to adjust them, manually, with ease. Since there is no auto adjust, what should I do to adjust these? I am a bit afraid to force one of them not knowing it could potentially break the mehanism. I have stayed clear of spraying anything on them.

Reply to
Pat

Try spraying the base with a silicone based lubricant before applying a swift force. They probably just need to be untacked (oeh, bad translation). I've got images of the internals on my Miata-page:

Jeroen

"Pat" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@d19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

That's a great page, wish I had an English translation...

Reply to
XS11E

Forgot to mention, both Yahoo and Google will translate from Dutch to Gibberish which isn't very helpful. ;-)

Reply to
XS11E