Small Hole In Convertible Top

I have a small hole in the top of my 99 Miata, actually it's more like a small slit. It's only about 1/4" long. What can I use to repair this?

Also what is the best and cheapest thing to use on the top to keep it from cracking?

I live in Fla and the sun is brutal almost the entire yr.

Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Did you see

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon wrote:

No, I haven't seen that but the slit/crack is not in that area, it's on the top of the top.

Reply to
Ron

Ron,

Let us know what you find out. I have the exact same problem (caused by the "set plate" problem actually) with my top, about a 1/8" hole.

H.

Reply to
HardwareLust

I don't have my owners manual with me, but I'm pretty sure the manual that came with my 95 had instructions on how to patch holes in the top. Nothing very complicated.

--------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I have the exact same problem with my '99; a 1/4" split on the upper right-hand side. I tried applying a tire patch (from the inside) as a temporary fix. If anyone has any ideas, I would like to hear them.

P.S. - mine is a Florida car also and I am concerned about the sun damage as well.

Reply to
ilike2eat cookes .com

There was a service bulletin on this. Not sure if covers your year and VIN but you might check. Not sure of the link to the site but someone posted it here before, and that's where I noticed it.

Jay

02 SE "Steely Dan"

Reply to
Opua