Snow tires

Just purchased a 99 miata in Georgia and brought it back to Chicago for my wife. I am checking out snow tires for this winter and was looking at blizzaks or nordfrost or something else. Was wondering if anyone would know where I could get a quote on the nordfrost's in the Chicago area. I didn't see them on tirerack. Also, we have the sports package, so the tires are

195/50/15 and I was thinking of going for 175/50/15? Is there something I can do to adjust the speedo so that the mph and odometer reads correctly? Thanks for your help, Chris Hotz

- yet another miata newbie -

Reply to
Chris Hotz

You should definitely go with a set of 14" steel wheels. The

14" wheel+tire combo probably won't cost much more than 15" snow tires (and 185/60-14 snow tires are much easier to find). The big benefit is you don't have to have take the car in to have the tires unmounted/mounted/balanced twice a year at $75-$100 a trip. I recommend taking the money you save and getting a floor jack -- it makes changing them so much easier and faster.
Reply to
Grant Edwards