Steering rack change for 1996-1997?

Looking at the steering racks, I see one listed for 1990-1995 models and one listed for 1996-1997 models. Does anyone know what the difference is and why they changed it? It seems strange since most changes like that occurred between 1993 and 1994.

I am specifically wondering if the tie rods from a 1996 steering rack can be used on a 1990 model.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws