subframe question

i recently got into an accident, resulting in the insurance company writing off my '90. so i'm shopping for a new miata.

my mechanic looked at a '96 for me. he was able to ascertain an accident which resulted in damage to the front subframe & he recommends that it be replaced.

i bought another 90 for parts & the question i have is whether the front subframe from a 90-93 is interchangeable with the subframe on a '96.

thanks.

"i can spell. i just can't type."

Reply to
barry

The same control arms fit all 1990-1997 subframes and the subframe does not have to be replaced during the 1.6 liter to 1.8 liter engine conversions, so I am about 99.9% certain that they are interchangeable, but that .1% would still have me looking at the part numbers to be certain.

This one is a 1990 that had the rear subframe swapped with one from a

1996 model, so we at least know that the rear is compatible for all of the M1 miatas.

The people at
can probably tell you for certain on the compatibility of the front subframe.

Pat

Reply to
pws

thanks!