suggestions to revitalize this news group?

Yes, I am wishing and washing all sorts of ways on this car. Sell it whole, part it out, swap the wheels or not before selling it? Lots of decisions. It is one of those early turbo miatas that is worth a lot more in parts than it is as a working car.

Getting it back on the road would help a lot towards my desire for keeping it if I can afford to spend about $1000.00 on it fast, most of that being tires, mounting and the alignment. Throw in brake pads and rotors, a new slave cylinder, total fluid replacements, registration and inspection; it all adds up fast, even on this car that so rarely breaks down.

It is just not that hard to swap the wheels out and see what you think about slightly smaller diameter, but slightly wider width wheels with a decent weight decrease and such nice tires on them, soon anyway.

I love being able to drive different combinations like that, and got the chance to directly compare RE-71's versus Toyo T1's back before they Toyo was available for the 14" wheels, that sort of thing.

I did see a set of four SSR's like mine sell on Ebay recently, but the wheels were for a BMW, and they received less than $600.00 total before shipping.

Mine were approximately $1400.00 new, but the cost has dropped somewhat, and they do have about 45,000 miles on them, though remarkably few marks of any sort, and no curb touches at all.

I'll trade the wheels, with the car attached, for your MSM. Hell, I will even throw in the 1995 Honda Accord. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Glad to see that you respect your .......... commitments! ;-)

Chris p.s. if it helps you negotiate any better price, I too could live with that beautiful Silver that Mazda adorns the current MX-5 with. ......I'm just trying to help!

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

No, I think they're still fugly but I hear the latest have eliminated the cup holders on the doors that made it very difficult and painful to drive them.

I wouldn't even consider a NC if you weren't buying!

Reply to
XS11E

I think that I will always prefer the appearance of the original miata design by a large margin, (go pop-up headlights!), even after I no longer own one, but the NB left the "fugly" area for me around 2001.

The NC fell into my favor, looks-wise, as recently as about a year ago.

If I compare the NC to the current crop of cars out there, it is downright beautiful, imho.

Again, in my humble opinion, the ugly stick has received heavy use by most of the car makers during this decade. I guess that Pontiac somehow managed not to break it. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

You're just upset because you didn't get an Aztec when they were available, here ya go:

/400131906715?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d29b85c9b

Reply to
XS11E

Wow, that is by far the highest number of ugly pictures that I have seen in a single vehicle advertisement.

As if it weren't bad enough, it is also yellow. I don't even like yellow Miatas, so this Pontiac creation is particularly hideous to see.

We seem to have a lot of large & fugly yellow vehicles here in Austin, mainly Hummer H2's..................

Pat

Reply to
pws