T1-S

Hi y'all car nutz!

Boy, what a difference it makes to get four new T1-Ss and have the front brakes redone! I've been driving this car ('93 "B") for 3-1/2 years and I thought I had a pretty good idea of what it can and can't do, handling-wise, but now it's like starting over. Corners where I used to slide a little on dry asphalt I can now take at the same speed without a bit of slippiness - in the rain! I got them locally too, $485 including mounting, balancing, valve stems, road-damage warranty and sales tax. Does that seem like a decent price to you all? My only complaint is that when I got them home I found out that the dealer had inflated them to 36 PSI, why do tire shops always do that?

As far as the brakes go, I put 35,000 miles on the pads that were in it when I bought it, but about a month ago it started to get a bit of vibration and a bit of pulling when stopping, as though one of the front discs were warped. So when I took it in to get the oil changed on my day off today, I asked the guy if he could look at the brake pads. Turned out I had them worn down to about the thickness of a cigarette paper. Got new ones and had the discs turned, all in an hour and a half. Much much nicer now! From 80 MPH with hands off the steering wheel, it stops nice and straight like it was on rails.

Now all I need is a CD player that reads MP3s and doesn't skip with every bump and it'll be perfect. And the weather's perfect here in Tampa for top-down driving too! I just don't understand why everybody doesn't want one of these cars.

Happy Turkey Day, yours, "johnny"

Reply to
johnny phenothiazine

I love my T-1Ses. But...if you haven't had a precision performance alignment, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Spend another $100 or so and unlock the rest of your Miata's potential. See link below:

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Wow! I could have posted this myself. From the $485 for the same package to the overinflation. Also the performance.

Reply to
Frank Berger