take off order for '93 right front

I'm repairing my car after a lady hit me ... I bought a new right front fender and door. I'm ready to remove the old parts but I don't know what order it goes in. Do I remove door then fender and if so di I install fender then door? It's a '93 miata who the insururance adjusters wanted to total.

Reply to
Oggy

Thank you. It's sad to see the low blue book values. My '93 has 140,000 miles and still runs great.

Reply to
Oggy

Yeah, the older Miatas are getting such a low blue book value at this point that almost any body work and paint bigger than a small dent comes close to the book value of the car.

The fender can be taken on and off without removing the door, and vice versa. One of the fender bolts is a little tricky to get to with the door in place, but not too bad. Since you need to replace them both, I would remove the door first, fender second, then reverse the order with the new parts.

Good luck! Also, don't forget to take the door stop pins out before unbolting the doors, this is no fun when taking the door off alone, so I have heard. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws