The new sensor is here! The new sensor is here!

"Things are going to start happening to me now"......

If you have seen "The Jerk", the part where Steve Martin gets his phone book while working/living at the gas station was about my reaction when the UPS truck pulled up with my part.

Fingers crossed.....tools ready to go. We'll see......

Pat

Reply to
pws

So you're saying you finally got your name in print!? On an Invoice, I guess. Hey it's a start!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Oh yeah! New 3/8" magnetic sensor is in, diagnostics are good, and the car fires up. Now I just need to secure the wiring. The old sensor looked in pretty bad shape.

If I somehow keep this car, I will probably upgrade to the 1/2" version eventually. For now, I just want it back on the road and didn't feel like modifying the sensor mount.

My one hour time estimate took more like 2 hours total. Not too far off for me.......

Pat

Reply to
pws

You're out of duct tape?

Reply to
XS11E

Duct tape is more essential to life than oxygen. I would never run out of that, any sooner than I would give up my JB Weld or my BFH...... :-)

Pat - going out for a ride, finally.

Reply to
pws

Good luck with the new sensor!

Duct (Quack) tape aside, I had to bite the bullet and go back to stock igniti>

Reply to
Chuck

Thank you! It looks like all is well. I was taking the new sensor out to the car and it got near the metal filing cabinet and starting swinging that direction before I pulled it back. Once I had the faulty sensor off, the old one would not even hold its own weight up when used as a magnet against the same filing cabinet.

If you had trouble with it, I don't ever want to mess with such a thing.

The coils on my '91 are located on the firewall where the windshield wiper reservoir used to be. They are about as easy to get to as possible with a 3/8" ratchet.

Had to wear gloves to keep from cutting up my hands as I'm very

I am sure that a crime lab could find many traces of my blood inside the engine compartment of any car I have owned. Really should wear the gloves more often. The injuries have decreased overall as my auto tools have gotten better.

I recently showed a person how ratchet extensions and breaker bars can be your friends and save your knuckles.

Pat

Reply to
pws

language with a double meaning, understood in his own circle, while the other uses it with only one meaning, any one not in the secret, who hears them both talk in this manner, will pass upon them the same judgment. But, if, afterwards, in the rest of their conversation one says angelic things, and the other always dull commonplaces, he will judge that the one spoke in mysteries, and not the other; the one having sufficiently shown that he is incapable of such foolishness and capable of being mysterious; and the other that he is incapable of mystery and capable of foolishness.

The Old Testament is a cipher.

692. There are some that see clearly that man has no other enemy than lust, which turns him from God, and not God; and that he has no other good than God, and not a rich land. Let those who believe that the good of man is in the flesh, and evil in what turns him away from sensual pleasures, satiate themselves with them, and die in them. But let those who seek God with all their heart, who are only troubled at not seeing Him, who desire only to possess Him and have as enemies only those who turn them away from Him, who are grieved at seeing themselves surrounded and overwhelmed with such enemies, take comfort. I proclaim to them happy news. There exists a Redeemer for them. I shall show Him to them. I shall show that there is a God for them. I shall not show Him to others. I shall make them see that a Messiah has been promised, who should deliver them from their enemies, and that One has come to free them from their iniquities, but not from their enemies.

When David foretold that the Messiah would deliver His people from their enemies, one can believe that in the flesh these would be the Egyptians; and then I cannot show

Reply to
pws

is infinitely dreadful: but it is "the fierceness and wrath of God." The fury of God! the fierceness of Jehovah! Oh, how dreadful that must be! Who can utter or conceive what such expressions carry in them! But it is also "the fierceness and wrath of almighty God." As though there would be a very great manifestation of his almighty power in what the fierceness of his wrath should inflict, as though omnipotence should be as it were enraged, and exerted, as men are wont to exert their strength in the fierceness of their wrath. Oh! then, what will be the consequence! What will become of the poor worms that shall suffer it! Whose hands can be strong? And whose heart can endure? To what a dreadful, inexpressible, inconceivable depth of misery must the poor creature be sunk who shall be the subject of this! Consider this, you that are here present, that yet remain in an unregenerate state. That God will execute the fierceness of his anger, implies, that he will inflict wrath without any pity. When God beholds the ineffable extremity of your case, and sees your torment to be so vastly disproportioned to your strength, and sees how your poor soul is crushed, and sinks down, as it were, into an infinite gloom; he will have no compassion upon you, he will not forbear the executions of his wrath, or in the least lighten his hand; there shall be no moderation or mercy, nor will God then at all stay his rough wind; he will have no regard to your welfare, nor be at all careful lest you should suffer too much in any other sense, than only that you shall not suffer beyond what strict justice requires. Nothing shall be withheld, because it is so hard for you to bear. Ezek. 8:18. "Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity; and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet I will not hear them." Now God stands ready to pity you; this is a day of mercy; you may cry now with some encouragement of obtaining mercy. But when once the day of mercy

Reply to
pws

be forgotten. Isaiah 43:18, 19; 65:17, 10

That the Ark will no longer be remembered. Jer. 3:15, 16

That the temple should be rejected. Jer 7:12, 13, 14.

That the sacrifices should be rejected, and other pure sacrifices established. Malachi 1:11.

That the order of Aaron's priesthood should be rejected, and that of Melchizedek introduced by the Messiah. Ps. Dixit Dominus.

That this priesthood should be eternal. Ibid.

That Jerusalem should be rejected, and Rome admitted, Ibid.

That the name of the Jews should be rejected, and a new name given. Isaiah

65:15.

That this last name should be more excellent than that of the Jews, and eternal. Isaiah 56:5.

That the Jews should be without prophets (Amos), without a king, without princes, without sacrifice, without an idol.

That the Jews should, nevertheless, always remain a people. Jer. 31:36

611. Republic.--The Christian republic--and even the Jewish--has only had God for ruler, as Philo the Jew notices, On Monarchy.

When they fought, it was for God only; their chief hope was in God only; they considered their towns as belonging to God only, and kept them for God. I Chron. 19:13.

612. Gen. 17:7. Statuam pactum meum inter me et te foedere sempiterno... us sim Deus tuus...[108]

Et tu ergo custodies pactum meum.109

Perpetuity.--That religion has always existed on earth which consists in believing that man has fallen from a state of glory and of communion with God into a state of sorrow, penitence, and estrangement from God, but that after this life we shall be restored by a Messiah who should have come. All things have passed away, and this has endured, for which all things are.

Men have in the first age of the world been carried away into every kind of debauchery, and yet there were saints, as Enoch, Lamech, and others, who waited patiently for the Christ promised from the beginning of the world. Noah saw the wickedness of men at its height; and he was he

Reply to
XS11E

SECTION X: TYPOLOGY

642. Proof of the two Testaments at once.--To prove the two at one stroke, we need only see if the prophecies in one are fulfilled in the other. To examine the prophecies, we must understand them. For if we believe they have only one meaning, it is certain that the Messiah has not come; but if they have two meanings, it is certain that He has come in Jesus Christ.

The whole problem then is to know if they have two meanings.

That the Scripture has two meanings, which Jesus Christ and the Apostles have given, is shown by the following proofs:

  1. Proof by Scripture itself.

  1. Proof by the Rabbis. Moses Maimonides says that it has two aspects and that the prophets have prophesied Jesus Christ only.

  2. Proof by the Kabbala.

  1. Proof by the mystical interpretation which the Rabbis themselves give to Scripture.

  2. Proof by the principles of the Rabbis, that there are two meanings; that there are two advents of the Messiah, a glorious and an humiliating one, according to their desert; that the prophets have prophesied of the Messiah only--the Law is not eternal, but must change at the coming of the Messiah--that then they shall no more remember the Red Sea; that the Jews and the Gentiles shall be mingled.

  1. Proof by the key which Jesus Christ and the Apostles give us.

643. Isaiah 51. The Red Sea an image of the Redemption. Ut sciatis quod filius hominis habet potestatem remittendi peccata... tibi dico: Surge.116 God, wishing to
Reply to
pws

was about 57 years ago; the second about 53; the third about 40; the fourth about 24; the fifth and last about 18 years ago. Some of these times were much more remarkable than others, and the ingathering of souls more plentiful. Those about 53, and 40, and 24 years ago, were much greater than either the first or the last: but in each of them, I have heard my grandfather say, the greater part of the young people in the town, seemed to be mainly concerned for their eternal salvation.

After the last of these, came a far more degenerate time (at least among the young people), I suppose, than ever before. Mr. Stoddard, indeed, had the comfort, before he died, of seeing a time where there were no small appearances of a divine work among some, and a considerable ingathering of souls, even after I was settled with him in the ministry, which was about two years before his death; and I have reason to bless God for the great advantage I had by it. In these two years there were nearly twenty that Mr. Stoddard hoped to be savingly converted; but there was nothing of any general awakening. The greater part seemed to be at that time very insensible of the things of religion, and engaged in other cares and pursuits. Just after my grandfather's death, it seemed to be a time of extraordinary dullness in religion. Licentiousness for some years prevailed among the youth of the town; there were many of them very much addicted to night-walking, and frequenting the tavern, and lewd practices, wherein some, by their example, exceedingly corrupted others. It was their manner very frequently to get together, in conventions of both sexes for mirth and jollity, which they called frolics; and they would often spend the greater part of the night in them, without regard to any order in the families they belonged to: and indeed family government did too much fail in the town. It was become very customar

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

prepare to die; that they had but a little while to live in this world, and they must be always ready. When Nabby came out, her mother asked her, whether she had said that to them. Yes, said she, She said that, and a great deal more. At other times, the child took opportunities to talk to the other children about the great concern of their souls, so as much to affect them. She was once exceeding importunate with her mother to go with her sister Naomi to pray: her mother endeavored to put her off; but she pulled her by the sleeve, and seemed as if she would by no means be denied. At last her mother told her, that Amy must go and pray by herself; but, says the child, she will not go; and persisted earnestly to beg of her mother to go with her. She has discovered an uncommon degree of a spirit of charity, particularly on the following occasion. A poor man that lives in the woods, had lately lost a cow that the family much depended on; and being at the house, he was relating his misfortune, and telling of the straits and difficulties they were reduced to by it. She took much notice of it, and it wrought exceedingly on her compassion. After she had attentively heard him awhile, she went away to her father, who was in the shop, and entreated him to give that man a cow: and told him, that the poor man had no cow! that the hunters, or something else, had killed his cow! and entreated him to give him one of theirs. Her father told her that they could not spare one. Then she entreated him to let him and his family come and live at his house: and had much more talk of the same nature, whereby she manifested bowels of compassion to the poor.

She has manifested great love to her minister: particularly when I returned from my long journey for my health, the last fall. When she hea

Reply to
pws

that men should love Him, but that men should stop short at them! They have wanted to be the object of the voluntary delight of men.

464. Philosophers.--We are full of things which take us out of ourselves.

Our instinct makes us feel that we must seek our happiness outside ourselves. Our passions impel us outside, even when no objects present themselves to excite them. External objects tempt us of themselves, and call to us, even when we are not thinking of them. And thus philosophers have said in vain: "Retire within yourselves, you will find your good there." We do not believe them, and those who believe them are the most empty and the most foolish.

465. The Stoics say, "Retire within yourselves; it is there you will find your rest."

And that is not true.

Others say, "Go out of yourselves; seek happiness in amusement." And this is not true. Illness comes.

Happiness is neither without us nor within us. It is in God, both without us and within us.

466. Had Epictetus seen the way perfectly, he would have said to men, "You follow a wrong road"; he shows that there is another, but he does not lead to it. It is the way of willing what God wills. Jesus Christ alone leads to it: Via, veritas.75 The vices of Zeno himself.

467. The reason of effects.--Epictetus. Those who say, "You have a headache"; this is not the same thing. We are assured of health, and not of justice; and in fact his own was nonsense.

And yet he believed it demonstrable, when he said, "It is either in our power or it is not." But he did not perceive that it is not in our power to regulate the

Reply to
pws

I actually stopped and thought about mounting the coil on the other side of the firewall, and making a box for it. Getting the right length plug wires would be a problem, at least with the wires going to #1 & #2. Decided that that was a lot of trouble, and I'd think about it again if the new coilpack fails.

Reply to
Chuck

Would this have been easier to deal with? :-)

Yeah, I know the engine bay is dirty, so is the outside of the car....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Reply to
Chuck

Ahh, I was referring to physical access, didn't consider compatibility.

Yes, but it is on the "cold side" of the engine, as I have heard it described. :-) Maybe cooler than the exhaust and turbo side, but it gets hot as hell after driving around for a while.

Excellent!

My own car also seems to be driving better. I would think that the ECU would let me know when the magnetic sensor started to fail, but maybe not.

It could also be in my head, the car was down for about 3 weeks and it was going to seem fast no matter what after what I have been driving.

Pat

Reply to
pws