Touch up paint recommendations

I just have a couple of rust spots under the trunk lid next to the plate lights. I just want to grind it down and then spray paint the area. It's under the lid and won't show so it doesn't have to be perfect but I'd like the color to match as best as possible. Any inexpensive touch up paint in a spray can you can recommend. My car is a silver 2000. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

If you don't need an exact match-- Go to your friendly auto parts store, and see what shades of "Silver" they carry. The last time I got into this with silver, it was because Mazdas silver rim & hubcap paint faded badly. I found that one of the off the shelf variations gave an almost perfect match. I'd look at Mazda and Ford colors first. There is also a company or two that will make custom colors in spray cans--Tower paint is one. I had to use them to get red touchup spray cans for the Miata non clearcoat early 99 red.

Reply to
Chuck