transmission lubrication

My 2000 MX5 is difficult to shift when the 5 speed gearbox is filled with two litres of the specified GL4 or GL5 gear oil. I have heard conflicting reports on using Dextron(sp) automatic transmission fluid in the MANUAL gearbox to correct the problem. Mazda Canada said "go for it". Anyone want to weigh in on this one? Thanks David

Reply to
David Kincaid

Did they give that in writing?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Yeah. Redline MT90. I suppose I shouldn't brag that I can drive down to Redline HQ anytime I want in about 10 minutes to will-call whatever I need.

With that said, Redline products are in my 6-speed tranny and my Torsen diff. Mobil-1 flows in the engine. I'm certain Redline's engine oil is superb - the other products are.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers