UK MX-5 iPod connector problem

Hi All

Just got an iPod Nano which appears to work fine.

Connected it to the standard docking station in our MX-5 Coupe.

Mazda symbol etc. shows correctly on iPod screen but nothing shows on audio display of MX-5 so cannot access iPod to play it.

Car is a 2007 2.0 Coupe and has standard UK audio system plus dealer installed Mazda CD changer.

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Invisible Man

You may not find too many folks here who've got experience with that system at this point but, I'd call the dealership. Your sales person and then on to the service dept if the sales person didn't help. Have you already tried (and failed) at that?

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks Chris

As it happens car is in for service on Monday. It took 2 dealers several months to get the CD changer sorted so I won't hold my breath.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Oh boy!?$#%%

Let us know how they do this time, Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

They have ordered a new iPod connector

Reply to
Invisible Man

Turns out the factory fitted iPod connector is not compatible with the standard Mazda CD changer. CD changer has now been replaced with a single CD player and iPod connector works fine albeit track selection is not exactly user friendly.

Reply to
Invisible Man