Under-engine tray

Anyone ever replace the under-engine tray? The one in my '99 MX-5 got ripped and I just received a new one from Moss. I'm wondering if there's anything I should watch out for when installing it.

Reply to
KKennedy

I've had mine off. It's perfectly straightforward.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

KKennedy" wrote

Nine bolts, 3 self-tapping screws and 2 nuts...all 10mm. I remove mine with each oil change. It's good to get familiar with the state of underside of my engines every 3 months or so and makes it much easier to get to the oil filter. Takes me about 3 minutes with a 10mm socket and adapter on an electric screwdriver.

Watch for washers that stick to the tray rather than separate with the bolt and watch the flap for the bolt on the side that can fold under rather than lay flat against the sheet metal. Nothing major...easy job.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

"Ken Lyons" wrote

Errr....*SIX* bolts. Eleven 10mm fasteners in all.

Reply to
Ken Lyons