uneven tire wear

Hi all Brought my '93 in for an inspection sticker, and they flunked the two passenger side tires. Said that they were worn down to the wear bars on the inboard edges. I guess that those two are a little more worn on the inside edges than the outside edges, though I disagree on the severity. I guess my question is, what condition would cause my tires to wear only on one edge of one side?

My other question: The tires I have on the car now I threw on in a hury on the stock 14" alloys when I bought the car in 2001. Back a while ago I'd decided that when the tires needed to be replaced, I'd go up to 15" wheels and Toyos or something. Well, money is more of an issue now, but I thought I'd still look around to see what's available for rims these days. What I really want is a rim with a little bit of backspin in the spokes. I've seen them alot as wheel covers, but not as aftermarket wheels. Does anyone know if anything like that exists?

TIA Tonyrama

Reply to
Tonyrama

More negative camber on that side, combined with too much toe (either in or out). Get an alignment.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Was this a tire dealer that did the inspection? Most specs call for measurements at other than the tire edge or outer portions of the tire. You might need to get a depth gauge and measure them yourself. Alignment is usually indicated when one side's tires wear more than the other.

Reply to
Chuck

As far as tires / wheels go, there are often times some very good buys in the classified on miata.net for tire and wheel combo's with low mileage. Of course you don't have lots of options at any one time but if you have the time to wait and be patient, you might find a nice deal that you can afford on T1S's or similar.

Good luck, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo