upcoming Laguna Seca - Miata event

Anybody here planning to be there? I'm scheming real hard to figure out a way to do it. It's ~1800 miles each way for me! Looks like too much fun to pass up though.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I've raced at Laguna Seca.....and if the opportunity arose to run an MX5 around there I'd grab it!!!!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

I guess that would make it about 175 miles or so less each way for me, but it doesn't look good. I will try to make California this year, but I will be far south of Monterey and probably several months too late for the event.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I'm try to finagle something involving my little brother in Phoenix. Gotta decide quick though, spots are dwindling for the track days!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Hmmmm, I'll be in San Marcos around St. Patrick's day... That's about as far away as leaving from Phoenix and I'll be Miataless as I need the van with the backpacker if I'm going to do anything while I'm there...

What's a backpacker?

So it looks like it's impossible for me.

Reply to
XS11E

Too bad you're going to be in San Marcos in a van! There's some of TX's best roads very close by there.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Why are some of TX's best roads in Californicate?

I notice there's also a San Marcos in some other country somewhere in northern Mexico, the place the Mexicans call "Texas?"

You can't find roads much better than the route I take to San Marcos, state 371 from Palm Desert to Aguanga and state 79 into Temecula are great Miata roads, I'll probably be screeching tires and sliding at

25mph...

But I'll be doing the tourist thing and I have to have the scooter to get around... I'll be taking in the zoo and/or Wild Animal park and I can rent scooters there but I can't walk from the parking lot to the gate at the zoo, the WAP is a maybe...

Reply to
XS11E

Oops, there goes that ass-u-me-ing thing, eh? I thunked you were going to be here;

cd

99bbb
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

No, gonna stay in the US so I don't have to get a passport and all those shots.

Of course some may argue that Californicate is not only a different country but also a different planet.

Is there anyone I haven't offended yet? I have a couple more minutes before I have to go.... ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

The ground shakes, the mud slides and the forests burn, plus the Governor is The Terminator.

There is also high-grade medicinal marijuana available from vending machines in parts of California, or so I have heard anyway.............. Sure sounds like a different planet to me.

You have left the east coast and the midwest untouched, and that is just for the US. I have faith in you. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

You crack me up! Ya, you got a couple minutes, let's get this thing done! Swing away!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Alright, I'm going! It's a done deal. I've signed up and paid so, now I have to figure out the details! I probably have some flexibility on the route from Mission Viejo, CA to Monterey. And if it's as beautiful up there as I've heard, I might be persuaded to delay a day in the area. Anybody got any ideas on that?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, it is but it's also fairly high dollar territory. See if there's a buddy in the area who will put up with an evil top poster....

Reply to
XS11E

I am wondering if you are taking the wife or me. A 3600 mile round trip in a Miata with Pat is not something to be passed up, it's a once in a lifetime thing...........

Have fun!

Pat

Reply to
pws

That's asking allot ;-)

Chris (the evil top poster)

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Once in a lifetime because I might not survive it? Is that what you're saying? Actually, I'm picking up my lil bro in Phoenix and heading on (he'll start doing allot of driving at that point!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo