Update on Drive To Survive E-bay auction

The second Damon print auction will get started soon. Perhaps this Sunday if we can get all the details worked out.

Here's a link to The Drive's ebay "About Me" page. TDTS Print Auction

The ebay item # is 180037794205 and the auction starts Oct 19th, runs for 10 days, ending at 20:30 hours Sunday evening.

I believe the good folks at Ebay Giving are giving us a nice easy URL that goes right to the auction. I'll post it as soon as I have it.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

you can abreviate any url by visiting

so even if they only give you the item number, you can search for it on ebay, copy the long url from the address bar of your browser, and then paste it into tinyurl.com for a short url... the item number that you mentioned comes up as 'removed or no longer available...'

is this print signed or unsigned?

best of luck with the auction.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Say Iva, I am selling a retired Vera Bradley handbag in the Chanticleer pattern, (roosters and eggs), in an auction that ends on Ebay today. Vera Bradley has a foundation for breast cancer research, so I think that donating 50% of the sales from this item to your drive would be appropriate. Do you have their mailing address handy? I would rather send the entire amount to them instead of giving any of it to paypal.

It is at $53.00 now and ends in 7 hours, but I am hoping to see it go up this evening, there are a lot of people watching it and her line is very popular. Here is the link if you want to check it out, it is kind of cute but not my style at all....

Good luck on the Damon Print auction! I don't need any art right now, but I hope that it does well.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Pat wrote

Where on EARTH do you get this stuff, Pat?!! And does buying & selling this stuff keep you in MX5s? :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Yup, I know about tinyurl.com. The link worked just fine for me so I guess it's just in the preliminary stages and only those of us who're on the committee can see it. The auction is supposed t go live on Oct. 19.

This is a signed print.

Thanks!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Wow, that's really great of you, Pat. Do you need the address for the Drive or for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I can provide both.

Not your style? Come now, I think it would look really attractive parked on your passenger seat.

Thank you.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I mainly steal it from family members. It reduces their clutter and puts money in my pocket, a win-win situation from my perspective. ;-)

A lot is consignment for other people, quite a bit has been stuff of own, including miata parts from my poor '96M and a 1990 model that I bought to part out, though this handbag was a $2.00 thrift sale find.

Not yet anyway. I do a lot of other work as well, mainly repairing and upgrading computers and cars, but I do not have an actual clock-in job. (shudders at the memory of the evil time clock)

If Ebay were exclusive at this point, I could be in a stock 1990 model, but that is about it. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Your Drive, of course. We have to keep this discussion miata-related. :-)

It would look even better being held by a nice lady in the passenger seat, but it is already off on a journey across the country.

The Vera Bradley handbag got $73.00, BTW. After Ebay and Paypal are finished with me that is a bit under $70.00. I'll round it up and send $35.00 to the address you provided. A drop in the bucket, sure, but if we get enough drops.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Okay, address sent via e-mail.

We can't thank you enough. As you said, if there's enough drops, eventually a cure *will* be found.

We got the promo copy for the auction yesterday and immediately re-wrote it to be less "laywer-ish" in language. Guess that's what you get though when the person who writes the promo is a lawyer!

Thanks again. We may hit $12,000 yet. Keep watch on our websites (if you want to!) for final numbers.

or