used 2001 miata for sale by dealer - worth looking at.

i had a 90 from 97 - 07 when it get totalled. replaced it with a 94 which got totalled last month.(both cases not my fault, BTW) looking for a replacement 94-97 (i bought back the 94 expecting to swap over the stereo, sway bars, etc.) which has proved more challenging than expected when i saw this car listed:

165k miles 6-speed less than $4K. too good to be true from a dealer?

feedback requested please.

thanks.

barry

Reply to
barry

I doubt it's a real dealer, looks like one of those Craig's List crooks that rent driveway space and place cars all over town and then spam Craig's List with 'em. If anything goes wrong such as (typically) never getting the title you'll never find the guy again!

But I always wanted one of those 7 speed Miatas, if it had a HUG TAK I'd be sold!

Reply to
XS11E

looks like it is being sold by a 'curbstoner'... google the phone number and you will see the person advertises many cars. so be careful as sellers like this are quite often deal in cars that even used car dealers would not touch, and that are commonly cars that have been totaled and rebuilt and then registered in multiple states in an effort to hid some of the car history from the title... be sure to look closely at the carfax. ps. another clue to the potential shaddyness of this listing is the "7 speed stick shift". the seller might as well said it was an 8 speed stick ;)

Reply to
Christopher Muto