vacuum cannister solenoid valve

Still working on my '97, nipple on the vacuum cannister solenoid valve broke, this is a little 2 port valve with an electrical connection. I've been able to find none salvage (salvage miata's are turning out to be rare), and Miata wants $99 USD for one, anybody know of a better source for such a thing? also same question as a previous repair, since this part seems difficult to obtain, is it another item that is a common point of failure on these cars?

Reply to
Ed