Variable Valve Timing

I have a 1999 Miata. How do I tell if it has variable valve timing? I think this option started in 2001 but not sure. Is this different than the Boost Control?

Also, can I usea 90-97 manual to repair a 99? There does not seem to be an aftermarket manual for anything newer that 97.

Brian.....

Reply to
Brian Turner

99s don't have V V T. V V T cars have a large bulge on the front of the RH cam cover. It started in 2001.

There are no aftermarket manuals for NB (post-99) cars. Your choices are to buy the factory manuals, one general manual, one electrical wiring manual, and one each for engine and transmission rebuild OR to get a CD from ebay. The ebay CDs are probably illegal copies, so I can't advise you to do that.

Reply to
Natman