Wanted Tire ( Tyre ) Recommendation

Please could anyone help with a tyre recommendation.

I'm not after an out-and-out performance tyre, but a good quality non-shimmy one. I only do a couple of thousand miles per year and drive like a granny most of the time.

I put Pirelli P6000 's on about 5 years ago, and although they cured the shimmy, look great, and feel nice, and have loads of tread left, the side-walls are now all cracked (dangerously apparently). I'm told that Pirellis are prone to do this, and all tyres do it when the car isn't used much. So I'm not planning to replace them with Pirellis.

I'm not looking for an out-and-out performance tyre, but don't want anything that's not as good as the P6000s. I like low noise and comfort. I want to keep the same size (185 60 HR 14). I guess tread life isn't an issue, due to my low usage. Same for fuel economy. I don't want to have a shimmy in a couple of years.

Any advice appreciated, Thanks in advance,

Mark in London

1992 BRG Eunos
Reply to
Dransfield