Water leak

After a few days of very heavy rain there is water in the shallow "well" behind the drivers seat (not present passenger side). Any suggestions where I look?

Regards Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan

Test with a garden hose showed it running in behind the rear trim panel?

Reply to
Morien Morgan

Yet more snouting about shows this:

The water (sprayed onto hood by son) courses around until it reaches where the hood ends behind the drivers side window. The water now runs down into the body work. I f the hosepipe is kept on the water then appears on the inside from behind the plastic trim near the seatbelt anchor. Dropping the hood reveals a "well" where the water flows into the body and this stays full. The carpet on the parcel shelf is also wet in this corner. Is there a blocked drain system? The sill drain holes are clear.

Reply to
Morien Morgan

Yes. The well drains through a tube that terminates in a rubber flapper valve just in front of the rear wheel. Run a stiff wire (carefully!) through the tube to clear it. Don't force it, or you may damage the tube.

If you run water into the well on the other side, you'll see how it's supposed to work.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thanks - sorted. Both sides were partially blocked so I couldn't see how the system worked.

Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan