What do you think of this car?

Do you like the project car to the left?

Best regards

Rickard

Reply to
Rickard

Richard, I,ve had the MX-5 LS 6 speed for a year now. Wore out the original Turanza rubber at 12,000 miles. Car if fantastic - most of the time. Realizing the design is dated, but its a pure sports car. Handling is what its all about. Its a blast to drive, especially with the top down. The heater is a real blast, having proved that while driving in Vegas and back towards LA in 30 degree weather at legal plus speeds. The only real problem is when its cold and a little damp in the morning. The car starts well, but the clutch is VERY touchy. If you try to drive it as on a summer morning, the clutch chatters and shakes the car. Had the problem fix by dealer at 6,000 miles with a new clutch plate. Now the problem is back - likely because its cold a damp in the mornings again. Other than that, I have only praise for the miata. Gas mileage is 24 in town and 28-30 on highway - depending on how you drive it. The motor really wakes up at

4500-5000 rpm. I have picked up a few ponies with a drop in K&N air filter and a cat back exhaust from Goodwin-Racing of San Diego CA.
Reply to
bluemiata

Are you sure you are responding to the right person? This is the SPAMMER Rickard, not Richard.

I had the same sort of problem when I had the dealer replace my clutch. Ford obviously found a new clutch liner for Mazda that is "just as good" for 12 cents less. It would work OK if you were very careful. But chatter like crazy if a bit sloppy. Right.

I had an independent shop replace my new clutch, and all is fine again. Except for my wallet. ;)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Why do you think that is the real reason?

-- Lady Chatterly

"So was your post. I can only hope my response aids in furthering your programming." -- endus

Reply to
Lady Chatterly