what's a fair price for a 1.8 block & head?

I have a person who wants to buy my 1.8 liter engine with 75K miles. It has been sitting for 2 years. All that he wants is the block and the head.

That is cool with me because the intake, valve cover, oil pan, etc. get good money on their own.

Any ideas on what a fair price would be for just the block and head?

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Christopher Muto

Wow, are those rebuilt? I guess I will have to call the company. I was thinking something in the range of $150.00 to $200.00 for both together.

Pat

Reply to
pws

"Wow, are those rebuilt?" Don't think so!

Reply to
Chuck

... but I don't need the head; I just want the bumpsticks and lifters... ;-)

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

The head on my '94 engine block is from a '99, the PO said something about them being better than previous or later versions for the turbo setup, but I don't recall why this was.

Those prices just seem very high, I thought that you could get a rebuilt crate engine for not that much more than the cost that they are showing for a block and head.

Anyway, I need this engine out of here. He has offered $225.00 for the block and head together, I'll take it.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

The 99-00 camshafts have the same lift and duration as the 94-97s, however they have a 2 degree shorter overlap. Therefore, they ramp up/down quicker and less of your pressurized charge is pushed out the exhaust ports before you get to use it in the cylinder. (Hence the reason I want a set as I S/C my car...)