Wheels and Tires?

Anyone recognize these wheels? They sure don't look like 1990 wheels.

Any comments on them? Price? Size? Weight? Will they fit a 1992? Do I want them or do I want $250?

Reply to
XS11E

Those did not come off of any Miata that I am aware of Mazda releasing. Assuming that the center caps are original and that they are Mazda wheels, a Protege maybe?

You will have to ask the seller what size they are. Weight, who knows but factory Mazda alloys tend to be light weight.

If they fit his 1990, they will also fit your 1992. No idea on offset without knowing what car they came from.

I would be more tempted to go with these if 14 inches is large enough.

Pat

Reply to
pws

14" is fine but I really don't want new wheels, I liked the idea that the tires *MAY* are been better than mine, the center caps were definitely better than mine and the price wasn't bad.
Reply to
XS11E

Er.... *MAYBE* are better...

My fingers don't seem to be proof reading properly...

Reply to
XS11E

Oh God they're ugly!!!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

SOME Mazda alloys were light. The 17s on my 3 are 22 lb apiece. NC wheels are pretty heavy as well, aren't they?

Whatever, those are not Miata wheels.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

That is why I used the word "tend", I know that they make heavy ones. Coming off of a 1990 model, I am guessing that those are 14 or 15 inch wheels, and they are alloys, so I doubt if they are extremely heavy, but I wouldn't place any bets on it until they hit the scale.

I do wonder why they went that heavy with those, though Mazda has no problem putting 18 pounders on a Miata. Have you considered other wheels down the line, at least to try a set and see if it makes any big difference?

They even take an extra lug nut, which I don't understand unless they are just using universal parts amongst cars. My 4 lug hubs handle over 200 hp with no problem. I don't think that they needed to put 5 on the NC to handle what is still a very low-powered car going by most non-economy car standards.

Agreed, I don't think that a person would find either of us mounting those on our Miatas.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Reply to
Christopher Muto

ps. but they should fit a miata. tirerack comes up with the same offset for a 94 the mx-3 as it does for na/nb miatas. the stock tire for the mx-3 however is 195/55/15 which is slightly oversized.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Thanks, I was wondering what car they were on originally.

Reply to
XS11E

Interesting, I'll probably pass on the deal.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
XS11E

if they were on a miata then it stands to reason that they are teh correct

915/50/15 size. but i suggest you look up dot codes with a google search. in my opinion, any tire over 3 years old is dangerous, particularly so in a car as small as the miata. if they are over three years old i would not care if they look great or had all the tread in the world... they are worthless to me. keep in mind that you can get a great set of wheels and tires mounted and ballanced from tirerack starting at $450 in either 14 or 15" versi>
Reply to
Christopher Muto

I don't want really want wheels, just thought I'd take a look since I was tire shopping.

I haven't decided on tires either, I'm still working on my taxes to see if I'm going to by tires or move into a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere.... :-(

Reply to
XS11E

My god, they are the UGLIEST wheels I've ever seen in my life, what are you thinking? Turn and run!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

MX-3 good call! Yuck! (the wheels, not the car)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Least you wouldn't be having to buy all that gas, eh? Not funny, I know.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Do you remember when there was a middle class in this country? It seems like almost everyone I know is either really well off or doing really bad financially.

I easily fall into the latter category....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Middle class? There's supposed to be a middle class?

Don't mind me - I've been doing income taxes at work for a month now and I'm getting just a teensy bit cranky.

Particularly since I've only been able to have the top down ONCE since our Polar Bear Drive in January!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva