Where are you and your Miata?

Jack, speaking of puzzled ....... the gentleman who posted the click and clack item also gave me his location. As I was typing in his town, Excel finished typing it for me ........ whoa, that's cool, maybe I'll be able to hook up two guys in the U.K. who don't even know each other. Boy was I surprised when it was your town here in the U.S. that had been previously typed into the spreadsheet. I was about to send you a note about this 'sister city' of sorts when, lo and behold, you were the very next post. Oh, Jack already caught it I thought but, no, looks like you didn't. Chelmsford, MA and Chelmsford in the U.K. pretty cool, eh?

Also, this puts the U.K. ahead of even the (apparent) great miata state of PA! Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Well Richard, if I compare you as a country you're performing miserably at about 47 to 6 to 1 to 1 to 1 to 1 to 1 ;-)

I think I like you making each of our states 'look bad' in comparison. Remember, most of us can't find you on a globe (that's what they tell me).

It's all in fun guys! Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks Brian, this gets "us" back up with PA !

Chris

99BBB in TX

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Oh no, can't go there! We'd have to start all over. Nice try though (Californians!) ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Great Werner, thanks for jumping in. Aside from the U.K. we've got 1 representative showing up from New Zealand, Denmark, France and now Belgium. I love it!

Awesome, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

See! And there goes the neighborhood! We won't muddy the water with Steve's suggestion however, somebody might start a thread on "how many miatas have you owned?" Ya never know.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Do you get to count them if they never ran during ownership? If so, then it is 4, otherwise 3. Planning to add at least one more to the total at some point.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Watkinsville, Georgia USA

2003 BlackNB
Reply to
jim

Ah' So... And at what point ( beyond "DOH" ) does he finally admit he was "wrong"...?

Reply to
Jack McGann

#1 From GA Jim!

Thanks, Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Jack, Pat (pws) already admitted he was WAY off on this one. He's just as excited as me and hopefully some of ya'all!

It's been allot of fun for me! My wife has yet to tire of me running out of the computer room saying "I got another country!" Ya, I'm that goofy.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"Chris D'Agnolo" wrote

Thanks for doing this Chris. It has been a revelation to me how many others are lurking just as I do. And I am amazed at how many NC owners are reading this newsgroup.

-- Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red Inside the Beltway [Remove the first two digits to reply]

Reply to
Ken Lyons

to make it even more existential, you should ask if you part one out to hundreds of other cars does it count as one car or hundreds...

Reply to
Christopher Muto

I guess it stands to reason that the UK will be well represented here among the Europeans because we speak English (primarily). What's more surprising though is I read somewhere that the UK is Europe's biggest market for convertibles! Amazing, when you consider our weather [think Michigan for an idea, from what I've experienced] :)

R.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

Good point .......... NOT!

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

if, over time, i replace every part in my car with a part from your car, then do i call it my car or do i call it your car?

ps. the plastic cap to the drivers seat belt shoulder bolt has gone missing again... is this a common problem?

Reply to
Christopher Muto

That happened about 5 times with my '90 - I finally gave up replacing it.

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Ya, me too. Thanks Chris, and Happy Thanksgiving to those out there who celebrate this holiday. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Heh, now that could be interesting......or not according to the other Chris.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hi!

Lutz, Florida, U.S.A. (immediately North of Tampa)

New plug wires & air filter = real smooth cruising! Love to stick around and chat but I parked the LISPmobile outside the fence for after the sun goes down and I hear it calling...

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan