Where is fuse block in 2003?

According to the repair manual, it should be under the dash on the left side, but I sure can't see anything that looks like a fuse block. Can anybody confirm the location of the fuse block in a 2003?

Reply to
Grant Edwards

That's the spot. There is a pannel above (towards the front of the dash) of the hood release. The fuse block is under that pannel.

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

It sure is well hidden. I found a wiring diagram, and it turns out the fuse can't be the problem anyway. My power side mirrors are dead (tragic, eh?). But, they're on the same fuse as the radio and it still works fine.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Ohh, Sounds like gremlins to me... Had a Mercedes that had the same problem. The dealer had to replace the power window motor. (Not cheap) I swear, the more options on a car, the more things break. I will stick to Manual transmissions, windows with cranks and so forth. Good luck fixing it, I hope it isn't super expensive. Squat

Reply to
Squat

The car just had extensive hail damage repaired, so I'm guessing that the autobody guys disconnected the cables to the mirrors while they were working on the doors and then forgot to re-connect them. It's going back to the body shop tomorrow so they can take a look at it. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a fuse before I took it back in, but since the radio still works, it can't be the fuse.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

No question, though crank windows have problems too, they do seem to be more reliable and longer-lasting than power units. Crank windows will never fail because of a dirty switch.

My current Miata can not have a problem with the A/C, power steering pump, windshield washer system, alarm, or the cruise control, since it has none of these. The windows and mirrors are also manual, the car is about as bare-bones as any semi-modern street car.

It does, however, have forced induction, which has brought its' own host of problems compared to my former near-stock 1996 model that had all of the power accessories which this one lacks except for the alarm that I promptly yanked out of there.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Except for the probable forgetting to hook up your mirror, how happy are you with their work?

Pat

Reply to
pws

What Miata did not have windshield washers?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart H.

To: pws Subject: Re: Where is fuse block in 2003? In-Reply-To: References:

I'm happy with it so far. The car looks brand new except for the worn upholstery. :) Assuming the paint doesn't start peeling off the bumpers or anything like that, I'd say they did an excellent job. They even shampood the carpets and polished the wheels...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Heh, my heavily modified 1991 model after it was removed. That area is now where the spark plug wires go.

I do have the windshield reservoir system from my 1996 "M" edition which had ABS. When the Miata has ABS,(at least on the first generation model), Mazda mounted the reservoir in front of the driver-side front wheel, in the space behind the nose. (U.S. models)

I have thought about installing it, but I obviously haven't missed it that much since I haven't done it in the last 3 years and it's not that difficult an installation.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Excellent! It seems that body and paint work has come along. 20 years ago NOBODY I knew was ever happy with the work, now I have seen some very well-done repairs.

The only drawback is that repairs are harder to find than ever if they are not on Carfax or mentioned by the owner, but if there is never a problem, then you'll never know anyway. :-)

Always nice to have your car back, especially looking nice and clean....

Pat

Reply to
pws