Where's the cheapest place to get shifter boots ?

I need the small, and large rubber boots for my NA, and I was shocked to find out how much the dealers want for them !! About the best price I've seen so far is from Trussville for ~$48.00 !!!

I think it's nuts that you can buy a CV boot for $8.00 but a shift boot is $25.00 Does anyone make an aftermarket one ? or is there a good source for buying them reasonably ?

Or do I just have to bite the bullet :)

Thanks!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

When I replaced mine a few years ago, I had to get them from Trussville, don't remember the price other than high. Because it's a low volume part, the aftermarket doesn't want to manufacture it. Only us miataphiles replace these boots, normal people just ignore them and so the price is high. Trussville has always had the best prices on genuine Mazda parts. So, when biting the bullet, serve it with a nice chianti and some fava beans.

Tom

92 Red

Chief_Wiggum wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

Free shipping from Trussville right now too! Marshall is the best. He even gave me a call today to tell me that he received some more chrome gas lids that are always on backorder. Buy a couple of filters for $5 each while your at it and save with the free shipping. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Reply to
Mike