Where to get Mk. 1 door lock Spring? - Mazda have stopped supplying it.

Anyone know where I can get the little spring that goes on the door lock mechanism inside the door of a Mk1? (I posted about what happens if this breaks on the 19th March 2007).

Mazda UK are happy to supply the whole lock!

say the same.

Its only a simple little spring, and would cost peanuts, but just need to find one!

(Alternatively, anyone had to replace their entire lock mech, and got a spare spring?).

Regards,

Dransfield

Reply to
dransfield

I have a set of matched door handles that are going off tonight. If you would like, I can ask the winning bidder if they are keeping the parts that they are replacing and if they would have any interest in selling a spring or the whole handle for a fairly low amount of money.

Of course, if you win, you will have an extra spring. ;-)

I will also ask a friend of mine who has been buying miata parts. He has one that took a hard hit on the driver side and I think it wasted the chrome on the handle, but the internals might still be ok.

I'll let you know if I find anything out, but don't stop looking. A salvage yard may be your best option.

Pat

Reply to
pws