Who's here?

Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only really interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were political (off topic) and as much as I love this groups ability to stay on topic (unlike most newsgroups), it was at least nice to see human communication taking place. And hey, miata guys are so civil that even the politics didn't get totally ugly (good work guys). Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again here, I decided to re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around here and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining for me and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir the pot, here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's still hanging around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post it after (assuming I get SOME responses).

I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot before I threw a soup bone in there ;-)

I have t appologize to Brunno, we had some great conversations back and forth comparing and contrasting the US of A and Denmark (VERY interesting) and my computer bit the dust and I lost my address book and all my old inbox / sent items so, I dropped the ball (the conversation). I imagine he's still lurking here ;-0

Thanks, Chris

99BBB

rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata (RAMMM) Last Updated: 12/1/2007 # Identity: State: City: Country: Province:

1 Chris D'Agnolo TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) 2 Clark Fredricks IL Aurora (w/sw Chicago) 3 XS11 AZ Phoenix 4 Jack McGann MA Chelmsford 5 Jim OH Columbus 6 Larry(pltrgyst) VA Alexandria 7 Todd Benson OR Portland 8 Barry CA Pasadena 9 Bruce Haskin WA Normandy Park (Seattle) 10 Richard Phillips Wales Swansea U.K. 11 Eric Barber Cambridge U.K. 12 r0lliSl1fe CT Storrs 13 Fred Martin AL Hoover 14 Roland Smith CA Wrightwood 15 Geary Morton NC Raleigh 16 Trent Woods NC 17 Iva PA Bethlehem 18 Michael Gies OR Beaverton 19 Miker MN Minneapolis 20 Scott Streeter MA Auburn 21 Frank Berger TX Dallas 22 CR IL Springfield 23 Jim McDonald NY Newburgh 24 Chas Hurst PA Beautiful Bucks county 25 John McGaw TN Knoxville 26 Leon van D. FL Tallahassee 27 Carbon FL Lakeland 28 Beemer AZ Glendale 29 Don Moore OH Cuyahoga Falls 30 Miata Bill (BK) MO Saint Peters 31 Stephen Toth PA Landenberg 32 Michael FL Jacksonville 33 Rich Lowe OH Columbia Station 34 J Brockley New Zealand Auckland 35 Robert Boswell (Boz) U.K. Newark 36 Pat (pws) TX Lago Vista (Austin) 37 abyss OR Coos Bay 38 Christopher Muto NY New York 39 Lanny Chambers MO St. Louis 40 Bruno Denmark Copenhagen 41 Abid Kahn TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) 42 Ken Lyons VA Alexandria 43 Bill & Joanne PA Catasauqua 44 Steve Vernon IN Indianapolis 45 Russ NM Albuquerque 46 Harry Carlux France 47 Tommy Brighton U.K. 48 Gordon Bennett NH Alton 49 Chance PA Grove City 50 Chris Rennix VA Williamsburg 51 Bipestuff NC Raleigh 52 Dana Myers CA Cordelia 53 Zog the Undeniable Swindon U.K. 54 Steve McMahon CA Santa Monica 55 George Jetson IA Keystone 56 Invisible Man Chelmsford U.K. Essex 57 Brian TX San Antonio 58 Werner B. Antwerp Belgium 59 Jim GA Watkinsville 60 W. Kiernan FL Lutz (N of Tampa) 61 Gus (nofatsug) CA Irvine 62 Mal Osborne "Perth, WA (?)" Australia 63 Dan Bennett Cork Ireland

States Represented Frequency

AL 1 AK AR AZ 2 CA 5 CO CT 1 DE FL 4 GA 1 HI ID IL 2 IN 1 IA 1 KS KY LA ME MD MA 1 MI MN 1 MS 1 MO 2 MT NE NV NH 1 NJ NM 1 NY 2 NC 3 ND OH 3 OK OR 3 PA 5 RI SC SD TN 1 TX 5 UT VT VA 3 WA 1 (Wash))DC WV WI WY TOTALS: 51

COUNTRIES REPRESENTED

U.S.A./ 51 U.K. / 6 New Zealand / 1 Denmark / 1 France / 1 Belgium / 1 Australia / 1 Ireland / 1

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around here and where they are from.

That's XS11E, please. I'm waiting for my new top, I got a call that it's here but wasn't able to schedule installation until Thursday, July

11th.

Robbins says they have new glue, I'll believe it if the back window doesn't fall out.....

Reply to
XS11E

I used to be here. Then I wasn't. Now I'm back.

Carol '04 Black Cherry Houston, Texas

Reply to
Carol

Houston Miata Club member Carol? I joined a couple years ago and have dabbled but haven't stayed current. I love that color! I'll add you to my list!

Chris

99BBB Sugar Land, TX
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I'm here

2005 NC Limited Edition. Brilliant Black Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), Australia

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

Still here, mostly in lurk mode for now. I suspect that the same is true for most of the people on your list.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I love it that little ol' Pennsylvania has the same number as big ol' California and Texas.

Speaking of Texas, anyone get trammeled by Hurricane Dolly? Hopefully not!

I missed my track days for this year because my surgeon hasn't released me. Heck, he hasn't even released me for work or driving yet but I'm already doing both of those - at least a little bit. It's just that I figured doing HPDE is a little too much for my poor gut right now.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Hey Iva, ya, good for 'ol PA! Here in SW Houston, we've gotten quite a good soaking between today and yesterday afternoon. Some good / heavy stuff but not quite at a rate that'll overwhelm the drainage so, we're mostly appreciative. Plus, it's dropped the temps 8 ~ 10 degrees.

Thanks, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

True for me at least. I check in every few days but mostly I'm just driving my car. If only it were less reliable or something I'd post with more questions...

Reply to
Carbon

And here in NW Houston we bow in gratitude for the lower temperatures. And for the grass. The poor, dead, brown grass in my front yard! We got some very impressive rain over here this afternoon - the kind of rain that made me very happy that my zoomzoom was parked in the garage and not out playing "Death Rally" on the West Loop with all the SUVs and 18 wheelers...

Carol '04 Black Cherry

Reply to
Carol

Hey Chris - not the club member - although I guess I should join just to say I have... flying under the radar over here in Spring Branch. I love the black cherry, also. My husband says it's purple but he says blue is green and we've argued about that for 16 years so what can you do? :-)

Carol '04 Black Cherry

Reply to
Carol

Right, we're all too busy out driving, top-down.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Here I am:

Jfeelders

91B Crystal White Miata The Hague, The Netherlands

"Chris D'Agnolo" schreef in bericht news:2c0fc$4887c501$471ea0ef$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET... | Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only really | interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were political (off topic) | and as much as I love this groups ability to stay on topic (unlike most | newsgroups), it was at least nice to see human communication taking place. | And hey, miata guys are so civil that even the politics didn't get totally | ugly (good work guys). Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again here, I | decided to re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around | here and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining for me | and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir the pot, | here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's still hanging | around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post it after (assuming I | get SOME responses). | | I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot before I | threw a soup bone in there ;-) | | I have t appologize to Brunno, we had some great conversations back and | forth comparing and contrasting the US of A and Denmark (VERY interesting) | and my computer bit the dust and I lost my address book and all my old inbox | / sent items so, I dropped the ball (the conversation). I imagine he's still | lurking here ;-0 | | Thanks, | Chris | 99BBB | | rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata (RAMMM) | Last Updated: 12/1/2007 | # Identity: State: City: Country: Province: | | 1 Chris D'Agnolo TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) | 2 Clark Fredricks IL Aurora (w/sw Chicago) | 3 XS11 AZ Phoenix | 4 Jack McGann MA Chelmsford | 5 Jim OH Columbus | 6 Larry(pltrgyst) VA Alexandria | 7 Todd Benson OR Portland | 8 Barry CA Pasadena | 9 Bruce Haskin WA Normandy Park (Seattle) | 10 Richard Phillips Wales Swansea U.K. | 11 Eric Barber Cambridge U.K. | 12 r0lliSl1fe CT Storrs | 13 Fred Martin AL Hoover | 14 Roland Smith CA Wrightwood | 15 Geary Morton NC Raleigh | 16 Trent Woods NC | 17 Iva PA Bethlehem | 18 Michael Gies OR Beaverton | 19 Miker MN Minneapolis | 20 Scott Streeter MA Auburn | 21 Frank Berger TX Dallas | 22 CR IL Springfield | 23 Jim McDonald NY Newburgh | 24 Chas Hurst PA Beautiful Bucks county | 25 John McGaw TN Knoxville | 26 Leon van D. FL Tallahassee | 27 Carbon FL Lakeland | 28 Beemer AZ Glendale | 29 Don Moore OH Cuyahoga Falls | 30 Miata Bill (BK) MO Saint Peters | 31 Stephen Toth PA Landenberg | 32 Michael FL Jacksonville | 33 Rich Lowe OH Columbia Station | 34 J Brockley New Zealand Auckland | 35 Robert Boswell (Boz) U.K. Newark | 36 Pat (pws) TX Lago Vista (Austin) | 37 abyss OR Coos Bay | 38 Christopher Muto NY New York | 39 Lanny Chambers MO St. Louis | 40 Bruno Denmark Copenhagen | 41 Abid Kahn TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) | 42 Ken Lyons VA Alexandria | 43 Bill & Joanne PA Catasauqua | 44 Steve Vernon IN Indianapolis | 45 Russ NM Albuquerque | 46 Harry Carlux France | 47 Tommy Brighton U.K. | 48 Gordon Bennett NH Alton | 49 Chance PA Grove City | 50 Chris Rennix VA Williamsburg | 51 Bipestuff NC Raleigh | 52 Dana Myers CA Cordelia | 53 Zog the Undeniable Swindon U.K. | 54 Steve McMahon CA Santa Monica | 55 George Jetson IA Keystone | 56 Invisible Man Chelmsford U.K. Essex | 57 Brian TX San Antonio | 58 Werner B. Antwerp Belgium | 59 Jim GA Watkinsville | 60 W. Kiernan FL Lutz (N of Tampa) | 61 Gus (nofatsug) CA Irvine | 62 Mal Osborne "Perth, WA (?)" Australia | 63 Dan Bennett Cork Ireland | | | | | | | States | Represented Frequency | | AL 1 | AK | AR | AZ 2 | CA 5 | CO | CT 1 | DE | FL 4 | GA 1 | HI | ID | IL 2 | IN 1 | IA 1 | KS | KY | LA | ME | MD | MA 1 | MI | MN 1 | MS 1 | MO 2 | MT | NE | NV | NH 1 | NJ | NM 1 | NY 2 | NC 3 | ND | OH 3 | OK | OR 3 | PA 5 | RI | SC | SD | TN 1 | TX 5 | UT | VT | VA 3 | WA 1 | (Wash))DC | WV | WI | WY | TOTALS: 51 | | COUNTRIES | REPRESENTED | | U.S.A./ 51 | U.K. / 6 | New Zealand / 1 | Denmark / 1 | France / 1 | Belgium / 1 | Australia / 1 | Ireland / 1 | | | |

Reply to
jfeelders

I'm (mostly) lurking here in Shropshire in the midle of England.

I drive a 96 imported Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (Combination-A) a Japanese domestic market only limited edition. Similar specials were sold in the UK as the Merlot.

There are some pics at

Rob

'Three twins', a Miata guy and goes by OzOne and is not Mal Osborne (also of Australia). You're not related to Mal are you?

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Still willing to argue after 16 years ....... he sounds like a keeper! Maybe we'll run into each other at a club meeting some time. You can go totally stealth, nobody will kick you out (they really won't mind at all, you're a prospective member!)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Still Gottcha from before. Are you from the home of the ICC? I've always heard it said; so and so will be tried (sp?) at the International Criminal Court in the Hague. I didn't realize it was a city called 'the Hague', interesting.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Three twins comes from something that was said to me years ago. MX5 guy...Miata sounds so girly :-) And No, not related to Mal Osbourne..Perth is LA to NY away from Sydney.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

As far as I know it's the original Japanese licence plate surround, with A UK plate attached. It was on the car when I bought it last November. The car lived in Japan until 2000 when its previous owner imported it to the UK.

Unfortunately in the UK a front plate is a legal requirement and the 'normal' UK market long thin front plates are just as ugly. I'd like to replace it with a self-adhesive plate but these are probably illegal in the UK now as they aren't vertical and therefore may not be readable by speed cameras and the multitude of spy cameras that the Powers That Be insist on installing all over the country for my safety and protection....

Reply to
Rob