Who's here?

There are optional front license plate holders, none are very pretty since the Miata really has no place to put on.

I'm one who'd really like to have a front plate, Arizona doesn't require one but when I park I get nasty looks because of no front plate and one very dedicated (to issuing tickets!) police officer took a stroll completly around the car so she could see the handicap plate on the back. Once she saw the plate she carefully checked the rest of the car, I wondered if she wanted to ticket me for something because I'd made her hike around the car?

Arizona no longer issues a sticker for the windshild and hanging the placard would work but only for the minute it would take someone to steal it from a convertible....

Reply to
XS11E

Hi Chris,

The Hague is the english name for Den Haag where the ICC is situated indeed. We're awaiting mr. Karadzic right now...

Jeroen

"Chris D'Agnolo" schreef in bericht news:b5c21$488a63de$471eb8bc$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET... | Still Gottcha from before. Are you from the home of the ICC? I've always | heard it said; so and so will be tried (sp?) at the International Criminal | Court in the Hague. I didn't realize it was a city called 'the Hague', | interesting. | | Chris | 99BBB | | "jfeelders" wrote in message | news:48896e71$0$49839$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl... | > Here I am: | >

> [...]

| > "Chris D'Agnolo" schreef in bericht | > news:2c0fc$4887c501$471ea0ef$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET... | > | Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only really | > | interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were political (off | > topic) | > | and as much as I love this groups ability to stay on topic (unlike most | > | newsgroups), it was at least nice to see human communication taking | > place. | > | And hey, miata guys are so civil that even the politics didn't get | > totally | > | ugly (good work guys). Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again | > here, | > I | > | decided to re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging | > around | > | here and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining | > for | > me | > | and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir the | > pot, | > | here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's still | > hanging | > | around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post it after (assuming | > I | > | get SOME responses). | > | | > | I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot | > before | > I | > | threw a soup bone in there ;-) | > | | > | I have t appologize to Brunno, we had some great conversations back and | > | forth comparing and contrasting the US of A and Denmark (VERY | > interesting) | > | and my computer bit the dust and I lost my address book and all my old | > inbox | > | / sent items so, I dropped the ball (the conversation). I imagine he's | > still | > | lurking here ;-0 | > | | > | Thanks, | > | Chris | > | 99BBB | > | | > | rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata (RAMMM) | > | Last Updated: 12/1/2007 | > | # Identity: State: City: Country: Province: | > | | > | 1 Chris D'Agnolo TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) | > | 2 Clark Fredricks IL Aurora (w/sw Chicago) | > | 3 XS11 AZ Phoenix | > | 4 Jack McGann MA Chelmsford | > | 5 Jim OH Columbus | > | 6 Larry(pltrgyst) VA Alexandria | > | 7 Todd Benson OR Portland | > | 8 Barry CA Pasadena | > | 9 Bruce Haskin WA Normandy Park (Seattle) | > | 10 Richard Phillips Wales Swansea U.K. | > | 11 Eric Barber Cambridge U.K. | > | 12 r0lliSl1fe CT Storrs | > | 13 Fred Martin AL Hoover | > | 14 Roland Smith CA Wrightwood | > | 15 Geary Morton NC Raleigh | > | 16 Trent Woods NC | > | 17 Iva PA Bethlehem | > | 18 Michael Gies OR Beaverton | > | 19 Miker MN Minneapolis | > | 20 Scott Streeter MA Auburn | > | 21 Frank Berger TX Dallas | > | 22 CR IL Springfield | > | 23 Jim McDonald NY Newburgh | > | 24 Chas Hurst PA Beautiful Bucks county | > | 25 John McGaw TN Knoxville | > | 26 Leon van D. FL Tallahassee | > | 27 Carbon FL Lakeland | > | 28 Beemer AZ Glendale | > | 29 Don Moore OH Cuyahoga Falls | > | 30 Miata Bill (BK) MO Saint Peters | > | 31 Stephen Toth PA Landenberg | > | 32 Michael FL Jacksonville | > | 33 Rich Lowe OH Columbia Station | > | 34 J Brockley New Zealand Auckland | > | 35 Robert Boswell (Boz) U.K. Newark | > | 36 Pat (pws) TX Lago Vista (Austin) | > | 37 abyss OR Coos Bay | > | 38 Christopher Muto NY New York | > | 39 Lanny Chambers MO St. Louis | > | 40 Bruno Denmark Copenhagen | > | 41 Abid Kahn TX Sugar Land (sw Houston) | > | 42 Ken Lyons VA Alexandria | > | 43 Bill & Joanne PA Catasauqua | > | 44 Steve Vernon IN Indianapolis | > | 45 Russ NM Albuquerque | > | 46 Harry Carlux France | > | 47 Tommy Brighton U.K. | > | 48 Gordon Bennett NH Alton | > | 49 Chance PA Grove City | > | 50 Chris Rennix VA Williamsburg | > | 51 Bipestuff NC Raleigh | > | 52 Dana Myers CA Cordelia | > | 53 Zog the Undeniable Swindon U.K. | > | 54 Steve McMahon CA Santa Monica | > | 55 George Jetson IA Keystone | > | 56 Invisible Man Chelmsford U.K. Essex | > | 57 Brian TX San Antonio | > | 58 Werner B. Antwerp Belgium | > | 59 Jim GA Watkinsville | > | 60 W. Kiernan FL Lutz (N of Tampa) | > | 61 Gus (nofatsug) CA Irvine | > | 62 Mal Osborne "Perth, WA (?)" Australia | > | 63 Dan Bennett Cork Ireland | > | | > | | > | | > | | > | | > | | > | States | > | Represented Frequency | > | | > | AL 1 | > | AK | > | AR | > | AZ 2 | > | CA 5 | > | CO | > | CT 1 | > | DE | > | FL 4 | > | GA 1 | > | HI | > | ID | > | IL 2 | > | IN 1 | > | IA 1 | > | KS | > | KY | > | LA | > | ME | > | MD | > | MA 1 | > | MI | > | MN 1 | > | MS 1 | > | MO 2 | > | MT | > | NE | > | NV | > | NH 1 | > | NJ | > | NM 1 | > | NY 2 | > | NC 3 | > | ND | > | OH 3 | > | OK | > | OR 3 | > | PA 5 | > | RI | > | SC | > | SD | > | TN 1 | > | TX 5 | > | UT | > | VT | > | VA 3 | > | WA 1 | > | (Wash))DC | > | WV | > | WI | > | WY | > | TOTALS: 51 | > | | > | COUNTRIES | > | REPRESENTED | > | | > | U.S.A./ 51 | > | U.K. / 6 | > | New Zealand / 1 | > | Denmark / 1 | > | France / 1 | > | Belgium / 1 | > | Australia / 1 | > | Ireland / 1 | > | | > | | > | | > | | >

Reply to
jfeelders

I'm here sporadically, just when bored. Picked up my first Miata last November, a '96 base model lowered on Apex springs, Enkei RPF1 wheels, nice paint, high miles but good maintenance etc etc. Thought I'd drive it forever, it was that good. All I had to do was put a set of tires on it, then I added a Robbins tonneau so it reminded me of my old '71 MGB. Kept it in the garage, only drive it on nice days.

That car got rear-ended a week and a half ago, pushing me into a minivan. Set off both airbags, broke one of my fingers. Insurance is treating me well and I'm buying the wreck back. It's in my driveway on jackstands waiting for the go-ahead from insurance so I can start stripping it. I have a line on what sounds like a real good '97 so I won't go Miata-free for too long.

The wife liked the idea of a convertible but didn't like the look of the older cars so she went out and got her own, a very nice low-mileage '99 Sport package. We've added a set of Kosei K1-TS wheels that look a little too much like my Enkeis but can't do much about that.

The neighbors looked at us kinda funny when we bought two Miatas over the course of five months. They look at me a little funnier now that I have a crashed car in the driveway.

We live in Waldorf, Maryland USA

96 Montego Blue Miata killed dead 99 Brilliant Black Sport Pkg
Alan J Claffie

chris: please add --

Art McGinn, WA Spokane, '91 MX-5, 145k

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

Reply to
Art McGinn

Alan, just curious, was the airbag what got your finger? Hope it heals OK.

I have also torn down a wrecked blue '96 Miata. You will probably get some questions on parts compatibility, such as the instrument cluster hood that is specific to 1994-1997 models or

1989-1990 models.

I have done a lot of research on the parts and am now parting out a '91 Miata, so I may be able to answer questions if you have any.

Good luck!

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote: such as the

Errr... make that 1989-1993 models. :-/

Pat

Reply to
pws

They should have Henry Winkler as a judge.

Now there's a color that sounds like speed!

miker

Reply to
miker

Ouch! Sorry to hear of the crash but it sounds like the Miata has already 'gotten to' both you and your wife! I love it! That would be great to have an NA (90~97) and an NB (99~05) and even better if you eventually get to add an NC (06~ ?). I'm loving the hardtop convertible (from a distance ;-) I'll add ya'all to my 'lil list and re-post it down the road a bit.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Hey, you're the first I've added from MD!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Gottcha! Also have Bruce from WA (Normandy Park / Seattle area)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris,

Spokane is about a 6 hour drive East from me in Normandy Park, Washington. We have two Miata clubs in the "Puget Sound area. The "Puget Sound Miata Club", is the FIRST and oldest Miata club in the U.S.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Well we've made a lot of progress on the wreckage front since last report (I don't get here nearly as regularly as I should). Insurance treated us well and we should come out of this deal pretty much whole. I had been shopping for a new-to-me NA but the wife offered up the '99 and I jumped all over that, with the catch that now she's shopping for a

10AE or MSM - she hasn't decided which she likes better.

The NC does not appeal to me. I've only gotten as far as sitting in one, haven't driven one, but the impression I get from outside is that it's quite a bit bigger and, especially up front, not nearly as attractive. They might go like stink and corner like nobody's business, but they'll have to in order to make up for a body that does not stir the senses.

Had some club members drop by and pretty much strip the crashed car and I've made some money back, with another chunk coming from one who wants the entire drivetrain... it'd make life a lot easier to just have him take the rest of the car, that way I get to use my garage again!

My busted-up fingers were caused by the airbag. They don't hurt but one still doesn't feel 'right'. The orthopedist recommended by the emergency room isn't taking new patients so I'm kinda on my own finding one.

Reply to
Alan J Claffie

I'd suggest you drive one...they are very very good!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

I did and that was the end of my desire to have one, the NC just doesn't fit me at all. I really liked a lot of things about it but it doesn't fit and I've reached the age where comfort is getting to be at the very top of my list of things I want in a car.

Meanwhile, mine is still gone. It's supposed to come home on Friday (maybe) with it's new paint job.

I was assured they would use a new NASA developed white paint with even less photon drag than the original white*! All I really care about is that the paint doesn't flake off as did the original....

*Leon will explan it. BTW, where IS Leon?
Reply to
XS11E

I agree about the NC - it's not what I always thought of about my two past NBs - it's not a "down and dirty" roaster. But it IS a Miata (OK OK it's an MX-5) in the greater sense of what a Miata is. It's bigger outside which I don't really like, but the bigger inside is nice. I traded up from an '04 to an '08 because my (formerly broken) knee would no longer happily crawl in and out of the '04. BUT luckily the ortho I got referred to when my '03 was killed WAS taking new patients!!

I miss the '04 like I'd miss a dog that died - didn't know how much I would miss it. But the '08 is really growing on me (the extra horsepower is FUN!). Honestly though - I'm almost embarrassed to drive it around NB and NA owners... almost like I'm just not cool enough anymore. ;-)

Carol in Houston '08 Copper Red '04 Black Cherry

'03 Emerald Mica

Reply to
Carol

As to whether it is a Miata or not, Mazda has announced that mid-2009 they will be reintroducing the Miata name on the MX-5

Stuart H. '91 BRG Eunos Roadster

"A Miata by any other name would smell so sweet"

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Stuart H.

It will hurt sales here in Oz...Miata sounds like a girls car, they have always been an MX5 here.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

How doesn't it fit? I'll admit that in mine, well ours, I need to duck if I go over a fair sized bump with the hood up as I am vert close to the centre bow. Other than that the driving position is superb..for me.

Should look good. Mine is black and gets a wax every monthor so to keep it pristine, It is a daily drive for my wife. I use Autoglym for a stunning finish, you should try it.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

See the post I wrote when I first drove an NC so we don't have to go through it all over again.

Here's the thread:

Or:

XS11E

Sorry for the top-posting, but it seems appropriate here. Please add me to the roster (even if I am almost exclusively a lurker):

Steve Bruun (posting as Curmudgeon) '90 (#3285, purchased July, 1989) French Blue w/ Silver Stripes and too many mods to list, Warrenville, Illinois

Cheers!

Mudge

Reply to
Curmudgeon