Wiring diagram for NB-dash-clock

Hi,

I recently bought a 2nd hand NB dashboard-clock for my NA Miata. The previous owner couldn't tell me anything about how to wire the thing and I don't want to go the trial-and-error way possibly resulting in blowing up the electronics.

I'm talking about this clock:

On the back is a 16-polemale connector (1-8, 9-16). By looking at the print poles 1, 3, 8, 9 and 10are used. The plastic cover says: 1:TNS(-), 6:GND, 8:B(+), 15:TNS(+),16:ACC.

I can imagine 3 wires are needed (unswitched 12V+, -/GND and dimmable 12V+ for backlight display).

Can someone give me any directions? Maybe someone can let me know what wires are connected on the female (in-car) connector?

Jeroen

1991 Crystal White Miata The Netherlands (Europe)
Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Hello,

The TNS relay is a relay that activates the parking lights, panel lights, and radio dimmer when the lights are switched on--I don't know what the + and - refer to, it could be either the output of the relay or the coil. So these are probably the signals for dimming the display.

Beyond that I would assume that B+ is to be a constant 12V source that powers the actual clock circuits, GND is easy, and ACC would be wired to the accessory power (IG2 from the ignition switch) to power the clock's display when the key is in the accessory or run position.

Reply to
Cliff Knight

Sounds to me Cliff is right. But what is the black rectangle? Storage area?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks for replying Cliff and Leon. That helps me a bit with the problem. One other problem remains: on the white fascia pole 6, 15 and 16 are mentioned. Those poles aren't connected on the print. And I've already tried a little and pole 1 seems to be a + and pole 8 a -. I can manage to get the backlight on but no indication-numbers so far... So my question remains: Can someone tell me what poles are connected on from the in-car connector?

Thanks!

Jeroen

"Leon van Dommelen" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | "Jeroen Feelders" wrote: | | >I'm talking about this clock: | >

| | Sounds to me Cliff is right. But what is the black rectangle? | Storage area? | | Leon | | -- | Leon van Dommelen :) Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata .) | To reply to me, the word Miata must be in the subject. | EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders