Wow, it really is dead here! sad.

It's amazing how quickly even the good things go down hill when things in general start to go haywire. This has been a vibrant and focused group for a long time. The most vibrant and focused newsgroup I've ever visited. The only one that ever seemed worth coming back to. This group's always been mostly friendly w/o ever having the boredom of a totally PC conversation. Occasional jabs and barbs helped to keep folks on their toes and sharp, come-backs normally intelligent, sometimes stinging but rarely rude or demeaning. Good 'miata' community. Now it seems that everyone's decided that with the 'empire' crumbling around us, we should quit having fun, enjoying ourselves and such. I disagree. Here's to hope that people recognize that,many of the good things in life (this being one of them) are free or nearly free! We should enjoy these and use them to their fullest, not clam up because things look gloomy.

Live a little everybody, live a little!

Sorry, I now step down off my lonely soapbox!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I never got around to putting the hard top on this winter. That's the second year in a row. Guess maybe I'll be selling it.

Our club was supposed to do a drive tomorrow but the weather forecast had that nasty "S" word in it and most of us have already put summer tires on our cars.

And I haven't been around this past week because I have a brand new grandson!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

I still check in every week or so. Maybe if these cars were British we'd be posting more with questions about how to fix stuff.

My wife and I enjoy tooling around in ours. It's just perfect in the evenings with the top down. It's nearly paid for now, which is even better.

Reply to
Carbon

Congratulations, I really enjoy grandkids! You can play with them and when the diaper needs changing you just hand 'em back to mom and dad!

Reply to
XS11E

Thanks for the reply's, obviously not everybody's gone. Glad ya'all are still here at least. Wasn't that long ago it was pretty active. Wonder if there's a chance to revive her? Sure would be nice.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I'm not here, I was going to reply to your earlier post but I wasn't here then, either.

Reply to
XS11E

Ha, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, so there!

I've decided no such thing, my lack of posting is in no way related to any national or world events, only to my own personal situation.

When I first bought the car I needed information and I got it, here and from Miata net. Now the car is as I want it and.... I rarely drive the Miata now, I don't drive anything very much and when I do it's usually the van because I think I'll be needing the scooter and lift. There was a time when I thought of maybe getting a small, light trailer to allow me to carry the scooter with the Miata if needed but that, I'm afraid, would eliminate any enjoyment of driving the car.

I'll probably sell the Miata soon, I'm not driving it much and I'm just now beginning to have the clutch problems as I knew would eventually happen when I bought it. I never expected the arthritis in my knees to get better or stay the same, I'm just happy I could enjoy the car as long as I did.

Reply to
XS11E

Still here. I went from checking the messages 2 or 3 times a day to about once a week.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Perhaps the problem is that everyone has found wisdom, and no longer makes foolish generalizations.

Please feel free to write something the rest of us can ridicule. I miss the old days, too.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

So, you're still not here ...... well, hopefully when you get back ........... you'll reply then!

cd

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

clip; Perhaps the problem is that everyone has found wisdom, and no longer

Now that's what I call optimism!

clip; Please feel free to write something the rest of us can ridicule. I miss

That's what I thought I did, you're passing up this opportunity ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

There is no way that wisdom has come to everyone here, that is not possible. I make no such claims for myself, and I am still lurking about here.

If, however, you are referring to yourself as no longer making foolish generalizations, then perhaps you are correct, though that remains to be seen.

Perhaps you have discovered the wisdom required for this. If so, I commend you on this recent change.

You took care of it with the first sentence of your reply. Plenty to ridicule there.(jab, jab, barb, jab) ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Pat, methinks we are both suffering from the lack of an emoticon for sarcasm.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I will if I get back here...

Reply to
XS11E

True, hence the jab, jab. :-)

Well over half of what I write or say is in sarcasm, which I correctly figured that you would recognize from me on this post after nearly 10 years.......

I can only abuse a man so much when his alignment settings are on my car........No sarcasm there.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I was assuming more like three-quarters.

Of your posts, I generally delete every fourth one unread, because it isn't likely to be amusing. (I already know everything useful about cars. I'm only here for entertainment.)

;-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Well, since it's so quiet here right now, I'll hijack this thread to announce the Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Sixth Annual "The Drive To Survive" to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

We'll be holding The Drive on Sunday, October 4, 2009 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, starting at Young Mazda, 191 Commerce Park Drive, Easton, PA 18045. The event includes a continental breakfast, an 80-mile romp through the Pocono Mountains, lunch, raffles and a silent auction.

Registration is $30 per person and there will be a ton of gift baskets for the auction. This year we're having separate raffles for "big ticket" items, such as a full polishing kit (complete with dual-action polisher), a flat screen tv, a full cb radio set-up, and other items to be announced!

To date our club has donated nearly $35,000 to the BCRF raised solely through The Drive To Survive. We're in the process of having our organization listed on their Grassroots page with a link to our event.

More info as it becomes available can be found at the club website:

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata Yes, I'm on the committee, why did you ask?
Reply to
Iva

Now, wait a minute Iva! This deserves it's own post and heading. This is quite an honorable event in my eyes so, please re post it as a stand alone or, I'll do a bit of cutting and pasting and be your 'media guy' myself ;-)

Good luck with the event, that's good stuff!

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo