2001 Mazda Tribute OBDII P0401 Insufficient EGR Flow

I had this code but do not have a good EGR schematic to trace this problem to a possible faulty component. I don't want to shot gun this with a new EGR valve when it could be a leaky line or sensor issue. Any good places for schematics??

Reply to
Jeff Hall

Jeff Hall

I had this exact same code on my 4.0 v-6 ford explorer. It turned out to be the DPFE sensor. It's a small rectagular alumninum component with several vaccum hoses on the top right (at least on my explorer) of the engine. With high mileage, mine gave me trouble around 105K, it can fill up with deposits from engine combustion causing the insufficient flow problem.

Reply to
Captian Coleman

I did some research and it was the sensor which I replaced with a new OEM part that had a new part number. I just received a recall on the sensor today so it is a problem.

Reply to
Jeff Hall