2003 protege 5 roof rack

Hi I just bought a 03 protege 5I want to mount a roof rack on it. The dealer cannot get a factory rack for me so I have been looking at Thul and Yakima. Everyon I talkto say that they will mount the rack in the doors. I see that my roof has a track on each side that each has 2 little clips taht lift out . I am assuming that there are screws under them. I would think that I could fing a way to screw the yaki or thuli into these. Does anyone have any advice on this problem. I am planing to put a couple of bike racks and a ski rack up ther Thanks Ray

Reply to
halftone175

Why can't your dealer get you a roof rack ?? are they backordered ?? The factory roof racks fit into those slots you described, no other roof rack will. There are aftermarket roof racks available, but none that fit as well, and they may also damage your paint. Explain more why the dealer can't get the rack ... I can supply a part number if needed..

Reply to
dooker

Reply to
halftone175

Ouch .... shame they did that to your roof ... I checked the factory roof rack availability today ... all kinds of stock .... no backorders .... but .... depends on when you ordered the factory rack ... I remember they were on backorder a few months back .....

Reply to
dooker

Reply to
halftone175