86 Mazda 626 Fuel Problem won't start !

Hi Group,

Didn't start my Mazda 626 since last fall. Parked it over winter. Spring Now..Today I gave it a boast and tried a number of times to start it.. The starter Turns over.. but engine won't start..

Has Spark.. Tried starter fluid, sprayed into the Intake Pipe.. and it runs for a short bit and stalls.. when I stop spraying..

Is there a fuse or fuel pump relay, Safety Breaker Switch some where, that I may need to reset ? It was running fine in the fall.

Is it OK to disconnect the fuel line and see if If fuel squirts out..or primes the lines.. if its some how bone dry and primes easier disconnected ?

Thanks,

Yanek

Oh by the way its Fuel Injected.. and has half a tank of Gas..

Yanek

Reply to
News

Fuel injectors? I will check in my manual about the fuel presure reset and get back atcha..........btw, is the junk you sprayed in the intake compatible with injectors and oxygen sensors?

Reply to
ellis_jay

There is a fuel pump relay behind the battery. If I remember right there are either 2 or 3 relays with a rubber-like cover over them. Not sure which one but one of them is it. Had the same problem a couple of years ago on my 86

626 GT that happened to quit while going down the road.
Reply to
Kartain