Changing plugs on 2000 mpv

I've change mine couple times, the back side on the V6 is the hardest. You'll need 3/8 drive, extensions, 2 universals, 5/8 plug socket. The front side is ok because you'll notice cutouts in the front for the drive extensions. The back side you'll have to remove the distrbutor for it's base and simply push it to one side then, with patience remove each plug.. Buy new plugs ( and gap them ). I bought Bosch, Do not install ungapped plugs.

Reply to
the bateman family

You might want to consider platinum plugs as well. They came stock in our '96 Town and Country (which has a similar access problem). Took me quite a while to get them changed and, in some, the gap was about twice the spec. Car ran great, however and, if I recall, I changed them around 120K.

Reply to
KWS

the 2000 mpv needs platinum plugs do not install any other kind then the ford motorcraft platinum plugs which can be purchased from your local dealer also the 2.5l v-6 is eligible for a new intake manifold as a recall and is a good idea to look into getting your plugs done at the same time as getting the intake manifold done

Reply to
alex