Dashboard Light Failure

Hi all

Can anyone advise how to remedy a light issue on Mazda 6 please? The lights on the dash illuminating speedo etc used to drop to half power when side or head lights were activated. Now they practically disappear completely. This also occurs at the centre console with button illumination almost non-existent.

Anyone know the fault please?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You may have unintentionally adjusted the variable lighting control that all cars have had for decades... I'm sure the Mazda 6 also has such a control somewhere on the dash. It's to the left of the steering wheel on my old '99 626 model. I think the setting for this control has been changed and it's something you had previously never bothered with since this other dimming action is also a feature on your model. You just need to choose a setting that suits you for when the headlights are engaged. You don't mention this variable brightness setting control, so I figure it's only smart to mention it!

Reply to
Anonymous

"Anonymous" wrote

Thanks Mr Anon

Yes, should have mentioned that I am aware of the adjustment, but although this does have an effect it simply changes the backlighting from mega-dim to non-existent.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster