Feedback on Mazda 3's?

I'm close to deciding on purchasing the new Mazda 3's, and was wondering if any owners here have experienced any early problems with this first generation vehicle? For the money, I feel that it is worth much more then the competitor Corolla, Civic, and sentras.

Reply to
AL

Actually its a 3rd generation Protege, They are very reliable cars, just keep the oil changed every 2-3,000 miles.

Reply to
Bryan

I love my '91 323 (and my 2004 MPV), my mother in law loves her '92 protege father in law loves his 2002 protege and friends love their new mazda 3. Its the same car in a new body...

Not at all first generation.

Sean

Reply to
Sean