Grinding noise

I have a 2004 Mazda6 that has less than 30,000 miles on it. I just had the 30,

000 mile maintenance done on the car about three weeks ago and the dealership gave everything a green check. I was on my way to work when the noise from my front right wheel started. On my way home from work it was making the same noise off and on. I asked my husband to take a look at it and he played around with the wheel and it stopped. About three days later the noise started again when I went over a bump or when I was turning my wheel. It has been making this noise off and on when I'm driving. This isn't the first time I have heard this noise. About a month after I bought the car I had a similar noise coming from the same wheel and again it was random but wasn't as loud. I have a friend, who works as a mechanic at a Mazda dealership, look at it and he kind of played around with the wheel and it has been fine until now. I heard recently that Mazda has a recall on some of their parts. If anyone could tell me what is making the noise or give me some advice I will be very greatful.
Reply to
Amanda Towne

It is alleged that Amanda Towne claimed:

Sounds like the brake to me. But I'm not a mechanic.

('03 Mazda6s)

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

If it's the same thing as my car & many others, there's a brake indicator that'll make it's noise heard to indicate the brake pads are low. Get the brakes checked. Prolly just needs new pads.

Reply to
rastapasta