Heater Mazda 323 - year of construction is 1993

Hi,

I have the problem that the heater of my Mazda 323 / 1993 doesn´t work properly. Does anybody know how the heating system works or where I can get information about it?

Thanks Feadl

Reply to
Feadl

Basic heater operation: Engine coolant rises to approx 180 degrees in engine block. Thermostat opens allowing heated coolant to flow through system into radiator and heater core (works like a small radiator). Blower motor fan blows air past heater core thus making heat.

Reply to
Jeff Hall

Heater function is not rocket science...

I'm assuming that 'doesn't work properly' means not getting enough heat... is the heater fan working ??? if engine temp is below normal, there's your problem... check/replace thermostat. if engine temp is normal, perhaps the heater core is plugged... sometimes normal to high engine temp with little heat from the heater can mean a very low coolant level ( check for leaks ). or it could be as simple as the cable slipping off the back of the heat selector lever on the dash... this happened on my 94 Miata. easy to determine since the lever moved back and forth very freely.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Breemhaar