Mazda 6

Just purchased a new 2004 Mazda 6S red, moonroof, hatchback, black leather with a unbelievable discount only thing missing is the compass mirror, channel info, artist, song title with Bose radio and to turn off that beeping sound...

  1. turn off the radio
  2. press and hold the "seek"-down button
  3. press and hold the "5" button until a beep confirms the setting

the beep should be gone for all radio controls but not for the climate controls...

to turn back on the beep just do again the 3 steps ...

Just need advice on security...

Reply to
Enterprise

Begin Enterprise quote:

; Just purchased a new 2004 Mazda 6S red, moonroof, hatchback, black leather ; with a unbelievable discount only thing missing is the compass mirror, ; channel info, artist, song title with Bose radio and to turn off that ; beeping sound...

Yeah, I wash kinda hoping that would be there, since lower market cars from Chrysler do that standard. BTW, the stereo isn't all Bose. Bose only makes the amp and speaker components in the upgrade stereo. The rest of it is the same as the standard stereo. I've got a first-run '03 6s in blue.

; 1. turn off the radio ; 2. press and hold the "seek"-down button ; 3. press and hold the "5" button until a beep confirms the setting ; ; the beep should be gone for all radio controls but not for the climate ; controls...

Where'd you learn this?

; Just need advice on security...

Doesn't yours have a basic alarm with immobilizer?

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

Just purchased a new 2004 Mazda 6S red, moonroof, hatchback, black leather with a unbelievable discount only thing missing is the compass mirror, channel info, artist, song title with Bose radio and to turn off that beeping sound...

Yeah, I wash kinda hoping that would be there, since lower market cars from Chrysler do that standard. BTW, the stereo isn't all Bose. Bose only makes the amp and speaker components in the upgrade stereo. The rest of it is the same as the standard stereo. I've got a first-run '03 6s in blue.

  1. turn off the radio
  2. press and hold the "seek"-down button
  3. press and hold the "5" button until a beep confirms the setting

the beep should be gone for all radio controls but not for the climate controls...

Where'd you learn this?

Just need advice on security... Doesn't yours have a basic alarm with immobilizer?

I just do not trust Mazda alarm systems, I have Mazda's complete alarm system.

Reply to
Enterprise

Begin Enterprise quote:

; Just need advice on security... ; ; Doesn't yours have a basic alarm with immobilizer? ; ; I just do not trust Mazda alarm systems, I have Mazda's complete alarm ; system.

I do a cost/benefit analysis when I trade in my cars, and alarms have never made it. Their value off of the auto insurance, at least around here, aren't high enough to justify their prices, and cheap ones are, well, cheap. Their only real benefit is as a "car finder" if/when you forget where you're parked. Plus also, where I live, the shock sensor would be sounding about once a hour from the truck and freight train traffic around here.

So, I just use the basic system that came factory installed as stock equipment, and placed the alarm stickers on the doors.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

I have a 2005 Mazda 6 station wagon. Does anyone know how to take the inside plastic cover off the tailgate?

Reply to
JerryL