Mazda 626 Transmission

Anyone have a list of the transmissions from other mazda/ford family vehicles that will bolt up to a Mazda 626 6 cylinder?

Reply to
Tony Pack

Is it a 5 speed or auto ?? The only trans I can think of that would switch would be from a Ford Probe, they shared the same engines & trans. Maybe post this at

dooker

Ford Probe, Mazda MX-6, and even the Millenia's tranny will bolt up to the motor. Not sure about the electrical harness compatibility, though.

Reply to
First of One

You want to stay away from the Ford Probe Tranny's. I have a fire fighter friend who says every Ford Probe car fire he is called to... the tranny is the source of the fire. Has to do with speeding and overheating.

-- Dan

"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana

Reply to
Dan