Program new cut Mazda Key Myself

Hi everyone, I have a '99 Mazda 626 ES V6, and I've just got a new key made, the type that has the chip in it. In the past, for another '99 626 ES but with a 4 cyl, about a year ago I got a dup key cut, and it too had the chip, and for $40USD, they cut a new key and took it to the car and went through a ritual that involved putting the key in various positions, pressing the driver door open/close button, and presto, the key was set and operational. Today I went in thinking the same thing would happen, but no. They wanted $85, an all day wait to get it done. Being a full time employee and a full time student, hey, I got shit to do, man! So I simply paid for the cut key with the chip in it and left, I figured that I could find out how to do this from the cars manual, well, I can't. I also drilled a few places via the web and can't find the process there either. So, does anyone know how I can get this done on my own? I was told by the parts guy that I could use the key as is, I would be good for something like 3 uses, after that, it blanks the cars code so it render the other one good key that I have too, then a big mess. This is my kids car, and we leave tomorrow to move him to college/dorm for the first time, and when he F's up (which I fully except), I take the car, I gotta have a way to do that don't you know. Any help is greatly appreciated. --BF

Reply to
Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Mista Fawlty

I know...nothing

I'm from Barcelona

"manuel"

Reply to
Marcel B

Hey, shut up, or I'll slap you in the back of the head. I have learned that if you have 2 or more keys that are good, you can do it yourself, the programming part, its in the manual supposedly. But if only one, like me, your F'd, and you can only take it to the dealership. Wonderful, now where is that bitch Syble?

Reply to
Jay Quinn