Protege5 & NHTSA

I could not find results on the crash test for the Protoge5 on NHTSA's website. Was that test never performed? The test was performed for the Protege sedan, is it safe to assume that the results would be the same between the 5-door and the sedan?

Reply to
Manu

; I could not find results on the crash test for the Protoge5 on NHTSA's ; website. Was that test never performed? ; The test was performed for the Protege sedan, is it safe to assume that ; the results would be the same between the 5-door and the sedan?

The rear end is different, so a rear-ender test may not be the same. I'd think the rest would be the same.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

Don't put too much weight on the NHTSA tests. Until very recently, the crash tests were performed on unbelted dummies, forcing automakers to develop excessively powerful airbags that broke more than its share of breastbones. The tests are also performed on vehicles of equal weight. In the real world, the PR5 is a fairly light car, while 60% of new vehicles sold every year are trucks and SUVs. Go figure.

Let the government do anything and it will bungle it up. Get the optional suspension and wheel & tire upgrades and learn defensive driving.

-- First of One

Reply to
First of One