Radio Code

I bought a used radio for a 2000 Mazda Protege. It will likely need a code to unlock it once installed. There is a procedure that works for my Miata radio (easily found on the internet), but I haven't found one for the Protege radio.

Does anyone know where I can find the general code to unlock this radio?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
KWS

You'll probably have to go to the dealer...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, probably not.

After searching around on the internet, I discovered that this radio does not have a security code. Looking at the owner's manual, there is no mention of a security code, only a warning that pre-set stations will be lost when power is removed.

I made the swap and it worked just fine.

Ken

Hachiroku ???? wrote:

Reply to
KWS

That's Good!

Honda and Toyota are pretty tight-fisted with the codes; a local Honda dealer will reset the radio for free if you bring the car and the reg. or title with you, the local Toyota dealer wants $100 to do it!

You're lucky!

Reply to
Hachiroku