RX8 tire inflation sensor

Does anyone know if temperature changes will cause the inflation sensor to alarm? I have only had the RX8 for three weeks and was surprised when it went off on my way home from work. We had about a 20 degree temperature drop during the day. The alarm illuminated, stayed on for about 10 minutes of drive time, then went off. Any input appreciated. Thanks, Dave Bremerton, WA

Reply to
Stewburner

Ideal gas law: PV=nRT

As Temperature (T) goes down and Volume, n & R remain constant, P (pressure) must go down for the above equation to still be true.

.....that's about the extent of my recollection of Chemistry 101.....LOL!!!

Reply to
Frank Williamson

Yup. A drop in temperature with no change in ambient pressure will cause your tyres to deflate slightly.

-- Mat.

Reply to
Mathew Hendry

Yup. When I took mine out for the initial test drive last Thursday the indicator was lit up on the dash. As we drove on it finally went away as the tires warmed up.

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi

A very quick and dirty way of setting up the car for a track or autocross event...

Reply to
First of One