Seat problem series III MX5

This is a question for European MX5 owners. I currently own a '98 series II MX5. I'm tall and the cabin is a tight fit for me. But still, it just fits. I want to buy a new series III MX5, which has the new high back seats. These seats must be at least 3 centimeters higher than the seats in my '98. I absolutley don't fit in the series III. My head creates a definite bump in the top, and I can't move my legs properly. What a difference with my '98 model! I'm very disappointed. The dealer claims that there is no way to lower the seats, and advices to have the interior of the seats removed and replaced by thinner material by a professional upholsterer. But that's something I'm reluctant to do - what if this doesn't give te desierd results? Then I'm stuck with a car I don't fit in. is tehre anypone who has tackled this problem?

Martin van Duijn

snipped-for-privacy@seashore123.nl (please remove the 123 if you mail me)

Reply to
Van Duijn