Valve Lifters

Has anyone changed out valve lifters (lash adjusters) on early 90's Mazdas? I cooked my engine and have always had one bad lifter that took a few minutes to fill with oil. I bought 2 lifters just in case. Has anyone had trouble getting them out? I want to install the new ones but don't want to "break" one leaving part of the lifter in the bore. I see lifter removers at the parts stores. All they seem to do is grab it by magnetism. If the lifter is varnished up real bad and stuck in the bore, I don't want it breaking off. Any help will be most appreciated.

Al

Reply to
Al